A gift to your family, sparing them hard decisions at an emotional time.
It is not always possible to pay respects in person, so we hope that this small token will help.
Offer a gift of comfort and beauty to a family suffering from loss.
The Dreier-Giltner Funeral Home Inc. and the John M. Hedges Funeral Home are both independently owned and operated by Alan E. Giltner. They share the same location at 1717 Portland Ave in Irondequoit.
Edward H. Dreier "Eddie" opened his funeral home in 1933 on Joseph Place in the city of Rochester. In 1959 it was moved to it's current location on Portland Ave.
Mr. Dreier operated the firm until 1984 when he sold it to Alan Giltner. Mr. Dreier remained active with the community and the firm until his death in 2005 at the age of 95.
In 1942 John M. Hedges "Jack" took overthe business his father started in 1912 at Scio and University Ave. Mr. Hedges was a senior at Norte Dame studying to become a doctor when his father became ill and returned home to take over. In 1951 he built a new location at the corner of Empire Blvd and Culver Rd.
In 1986 he sold the funeral home to Alan Giltner who later moved the business to its current location.